Purchase Caring for Children with Infectious Diseases – Stephen Jones , You get access to all files. Direct Download Link and No costs are incurred (No Ads, No Waiting Time, No Capcha)
- Latest Vaccination Guidelines
- Principles of Antibiotic Therapy
- MRSA/MSSA & VRE
- “Red Rashes”
- Lyme Disease
- Otitis Media
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Fever versus Hyperthermia
Does your place of practice provide care for children with infectious diseases? Are you exposed to children with childhood illnesses? Do you understand how antimicrobials work? How do you respond to parents and other healthcare professionals when asked “how do vaccines actually work?” What is the best method for treating a fever or diarrhea? Why did my patient’s asthma get worse because of an ear infection? Make plans today to attend this one-day educational event that will provide you with the answers to these questions . . . and many more!
When you know the latest recommendations, you will be able to provide clarity for many of the assessment and treatment concerns that present across different practice settings. Stephen Jones, MS, RN, CPNP, ET, is a nationally-known expert in the field of pediatric care, more specifically pediatric infectious disease. He has earned a reputation for his ability to draw upon his wealth of real-life experiences to deliver engaging presentations and case studies that drive home important concepts. Stephen’s passion for providing optimal pediatric care will be evident throughout this practical and engaging presentation. You will return to work equipped with helpful new insights to immediately impact the care you provide to your pediatric patients.
The Immune System and Vaccines
- Inflammatory responses
- Current vaccine guidelines
- POSSIBLE Vaccines of the future
- Microbes: Bacterial, Viral & Fungal
- Antibacterial medications
- Anti-fungal medications
- Principles and medication selection
- Resistant vs. susceptible organisms
Childhood Communicable Diseases
- Manifestations, communicability and management of:
- Measles, mumps, rubella
- Diptheria, pertussis
- Other “red rashes”: 5th disease, roseola
- Hepatitis, Hib, Kawasaki
- Lyme disease
- Urinary tract infections
Appropriate Isolation Techniques
- Positive vs. negative pressure rooms
- Respiratory secretion precautions
- Contact secretion precautions
Upper Respiratory Tract Conditions
- Manifestations and management of:
- Otitis media
Lower Respiratory Tract Conditions
- Manifestations and management of:
- Infectious asthma
Upper and Lower GI Tract Conditions
- Differences between children and adults
- Fluid maintenance, replacement, output
- Rehydration recommendations
- Antidiarrheal medications
- Underlying physiological processes
- Protocols for practice
- Education tools for parents
- Discuss healthy immune system functioning and defense mechanisms.
- Explain the most current vaccination guidelines for children.
- Select and identify the most appropriate antimicrobial medication available to optimize patient. outcomes based upon a specific infectious process.
- Describe appropriate assessment and management of common childhood infectious diseases.
- Discuss strategies for both pharmacological as well as non-pharmacological management of respiratory tract infections.
- Describe the evidence based management for children experiencing both diarrhea and fever.
Tag: Caring for Children with Infectious Diseases – Stephen Jones Review. Caring for Children with Infectious Diseases – Stephen Jones download. Caring for Children with Infectious Diseases – Stephen Jones discount.